Re: Text editors under Cygnus

At 20:22 23-7-2001, Charles Wilson wrote:
>That little discrepancy is rather disconcerting, even to a long-time
>XEmacs user like me.  The older cygwin-xemacs-21.1.13 package works
>'cygwin-style' both in the (custom built) file-open dialog and in the
>minibuffer.  I don't know why the change was made in 21.4.x -- probably an
>mswin-related improvement that bled over to cygwin.  It didn't bother me
>enough to complain (or code) about it.

Wouldn't it be cool if there were a Cygwin library (cygctl.dll) which was
API compatible with the Windows file dialogs, so you could just compile and
link your apps (like XEmacs) against it and get nice Windows-style dialogs
with Cygwin-style paths?

But I should shut up, since I have no intention to write this myself.  :-)

  - Michael

(Now a Cygwin version of gvim (not an X version), that would really be
useful.  Perhaps, if I ever have some time, and 6.0 is out, I will try to
do a port.)

--
     I always wondered about the meaning of life.   So I looked it
     up in the dictionary under "L" and there it was - the meaning