This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Problems with generating kde2 dlls under cygwin
- To: Ralf Habacker <Ralf dot Habacker at freenet dot de>
- Subject: Re: Problems with generating kde2 dlls under cygwin
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
- Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 19:19:21 +0930
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sources dot redhat dot com>, Cygwin <cygwin at sources dot redhat dot com>
- References: <000501c111c8$13aed1c0$b06707d5@BRAMSCHE>
On Sat, Jul 21, 2001 at 11:32:36AM +0200, Ralf Habacker wrote:
> g++ -shared <flags> -Wl,--whole-archive <objs> -Wl,-no-whole-archive
> and if <deplib> are import libs of other shared libraries.
> If <deplib> contains a static lib, the used symbols of this lib are always
Why do you think they should not be exported? A static lib is just an
archive of object files. When object files are retrieved from a static
lib to satisfy undefined syms, they are treated the same as if you had
specified the individual object files on the command line.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html