RE: Regarding databse connection

There are several ways to do this.

Pro C (you must install the Oracle client, PRO C development
	 and sql net software, etc)

OCI (same Oracle client CD but use/install oci as well)

ODBC (this should work with cygwin if you link with the right .libs  and
dlls)
      I haven't tried this but would be interested if any body has
      and knows the right linking commands, calls etc).

etc..

I have had the most experience with Pro C on cygwin
because of maintaining Unix compatibility with older code.
I would not recommend this route because one has the
distinct impression that Oracle is phasing it out.

if you DO install the Oracle client with Pro C I
can send the linking commands I use with gcc under
cygwin.

need the link commands for Pro C:
just add this to the end of your
gcc compile command (end of library list for link time)

$(ORACLE_HOME)/PRO22/LIB/MSVC/SQLLIB18.LIB