Problems using cygwin on Windows 2000

I was running cygwin on my laptop under Win NT4.0. Before converting the
laptop to Win 2000 I copied everything to my desktop, where it is running
fine also under Win NT. Now that the laptop has been coverted to Win 2000,
the same files that run fine under NT generate a linker error under
Win2000. The entire cygwin directory is the same on both machines. I tried
to reinstall cygwin under Win2000, but I get the message that there is
nothing to change. Can someone please give me a hint of where to go next?

Please answer me directly, since I do not monitor this list regularly.

Thank you
Stephen Herman
Philips Research