Re: Problem choosing exe entry point.

On Thu, 5 Jul 2001, Mo DeJong wrote:

> Well, then how does one clear up the ambiguous set of symbols?
> I would have thought passing (the default) -mconsole or -mwindows
> would take care of that.

I haven't really thought about it much, but you're right that we
should deal with this scenario.

I couldn't reproduce your problem, and then realized that my specs
file does -u _WinMain@16 when it sees the -mwindows option. The joys
of slightly divergent local tree. There must be a reason why I never
submitted the change, the trick is to remember why.

> I agree that this is an edge case, but it seems wrong to me.
> If folks don't agree that it is a bug then I will just add
> the -e flag to Tcl/Tk's configure script and be done with it.
> If folks agree that it is a bug worth fixing, then I will
> write up an autoconf macro that checks for this case so
> things will work with the -e flag once fixed.

I'll have to revisit the startup code and see the actual sequence.
Folks may indeed consider this is a bug, and even if not, I agree
that it's something worth fixing.

Regards,
Mumit