From: Timo Kaluza [mailto:him@hedgehog.de]
Sent: Wednesday, July 04, 2001 3:26 PM
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: sshd does not authenticae (latest cygwin and win2k)

hello list,

I have the problem that sshd doesn't authenticate me on a win2k.
I have the latest cygwin, compiled and installed openssl, compiled and
installed openssh and got it run.
I also followed the usual FAQ hints for the creation of /etc/passwd and
/etc/group and the manipulation of these.

But I did not manage to authenticate me. I can login but "sshd -d" always
keep telling me "Failed for password for...".

Any useful hints?

Best regards and thanks

Timo