Zsh observations

Hi all,

I decided to give zsh a try.  I'm running cygwin with the latest of
everything (according to setup.exe), on Windows 2000.
I downloaded zsh-4.0.2.tar.bz2 and built it out of the box.  (./configure;
make; make install).

In general, it runs nicely, but I do have a few observations:

1. zsh doesn't like it if ...\cygwin\bin is not in the Windows path.  If I
start up zsh without this, it works as long as the current directory is
/usr/bin.  If I then do
	PATH="/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:$PATH"
	export PATH
	cd $HOME
(either on the command line, or in /etc/zprofile), any external command I
run gives:
	      0 [main] zsh 2432 sync_with_child: child 2356(0x230) died before
initialization with status code 0x80
	   1288 [main] zsh 2432 sync_with_child: *** child state waiting for longjmp
/home/mscha/.zshrc:150: fork failed: resource temporarily unavailable

2. Sometimes, zsh finds a command further in the path than it should.  For
instance, if PATH=/a:/b, and both /a/hello.exe and /b/hello.exe exist,
typing "hello" sometimes (but not always) runs /b/hello.exe.  I'm not sure,
but it seems that running "hello.exe" works as it should, so perhaps it has
something to do with the cygwin automagic exe extension handling.

3. The command line completion module ("autoload -U compinit; compinit")
does not work.  It I run this, then command line completion becomes
erratic.  About half the time it works, but often TAB either expands to
incorrect strings, or core dumps zsh.

This is too bad, because I really like zsh.

  - Michael