RE: Having problems to start cygwin

On Tuesday 3 Jul 01, Peter Buckley writes:
> This is probably in the faq or readme on installation.
> Did you follow all the instructions to install?-
>
> DOCS:                  http://cygwin.com/docs.html
>
> My first bet would be that you don't have C:\cygwin\bin
> in your system PATH variable.

This should not be necessary.

> I don't have win2k, so I don't know if setting the PATH
> variable is the same as NT- but I am pretty sure you
> will need to reboot for the new setting to take effect.
>
> In NT, I right click on "My Computer" and choose "Properties."
> Then I click the "Environment" tab, and select the PATH variable
> from the list of system variables. I add C:\cygwin\bin at the end,
> separated by a semi-colon.

Again, this should not be necessary.  PATH should be set automatically
by /etc/profile.

As to the original problem:

The code in C:\cygwin\cygwin.bat (or wherever it resides for your
installation) should ensure that 'bash' is found.  What's in there?
Does it correspond with where you installed Cygwin?

Regards,
David