RE: Rxvt vs. command.com as standard cygwin window

Hi,

Well, to take my own advice (and accept my own chastisement about "seeking"
vs. "asking") ...

<http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fontpack/default.htm>

You're right. Andale Mono is a good typeface for monospace purposes. It's
taller and narrower than Lucida Console, and I stepped up to 12 point,
cutting my window height from 99 to 92 (with a two-high taskbar +
quick-launch bar). Andale Mono also has a dotted / slashed zero, so for
programmers, I'd say it's excellent.

I still prefer the aspect ratio of Lucida Console, so for now I'm going to
keep two shortcuts in my quick-launch bar, one for starting rxvt with each
of these fonts.

Randall Schulz