Re: c+,.exe

Hi,

Well, this is curious. There's a c++.exe in my bin, and I take it that it's
present in that of all Cygwin installs that include the C++ compiler, right?

Here's the output of sum on /bin/c++.exe in my Cygwin install (the latest
release versions of everything currently present on mirrors.rcn.net):

% sum /bin/c++.exe
02568    71

% c++ --version
2.95.3-5

What's interesting is that '+' and ',' are adjacent ASCII codes (0x53 vs.
0x54 -- '+' vs. ','). So there's a three-bit difference between "c++.exe"
and "c+,.exe"

How could that have happened without triggering an ECC detection or
correction? It couldn't happen over the net and it couldn't happen on a
hard drive. I assume it could not happen in GZIP or BZIP2 compression.

Non-parity RAM would seem the only possibility.

Curious, no?

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA