Steve J's latest bonehead realization

Today, I did the research necessary to figure out how I could back up the
permissions for files in Cygwin, so I can rebuild them after copying the
files to ext2 under linux:

find mydirectory -fprintf mydirectory.chmod "chmod %m \"%p\"\n"

Pretty neat, but why didn't I just tar the directory?  I guess it's because
I had started out from the incorrect assumption that the attributes I
needed had already been lost during CVS checkout under Cygwin, and I never
got back to the obvious track after that.