Re: rsync

> I was happy to see the rsync (2.4.6) package being included in the cygwin
> distribution, but I wasn't able to get the daemon working. The error I get
> is
>
> $ rsync rsync://localhost
> read error: Connection reset by peer

It does indeed... argh.
I'm invesitgating on it, but as I have an university exam VERY SOON it will
take a bit of time.

BTW: also the 2.4.6-1 version has this error (it is a pure compile of rsync
without the patch that solves that very same problem in cilent mode).

rsync work group is revising a bit the protocol for robustness (including that
very patch and many others) and will soon deliver 2.4.7, I hope that will
solve the problem.
I'll let you know if I find something before that time.

c ya

--
Lapo Luchini
PGP & X.509 keys available