Re: Mount issues

Hi!

Friday, 29 June, 2001 Sandeep Tamhankar sandman@Interwoven.com wrote:

ST> Well, I can't unmount these mount points because Cygwin automatically
ST> creates these user mounts on login with (textmode, noumount) settings.
ST> And when I try to add the system mount points without unmounting the
ST> user mounts, I get the following warning:

ST> ~: mount -s c: /cygdrive/c
ST> mount: warning: system mount point of '/cygdrive/c' will always be
ST> masked by user mount.

yes. you should use --change-cygdrive-prefix option of mount.exe to
change behavior of those auto-created mounts. for example,

mount -b -s --change-cygdrive-prefix /cygdrive

makes /cygdrive/* auto-created system mounts binary.

see cygwin user guide (http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-utils.html#MOUNT)
for details.