Re: gdb readable core dumps?

Hi!

Thursday, 28 June, 2001 Darius.Clynes@cec.eu.int Darius.Clynes@cec.eu.int wrote:

>>yes. cygwin includes special utility called dumper.exe which can be
>>used to create core dumps. run it with
>>
>>'dumper <pid>'

DCcei> what an optimistic answer! i thought the answer would be a firm no.

DCcei> where can I download the dumper.exe (or the sources for it).
DCcei> it is not included in the cygwin 1.1.0 i am using.

it's in cygwin sources in directory winsup/utils/
you can either get cygwin's source tarball or pull them via cvs.

note, that you need libbfd and libintl in source tree (or normally
built and installed on your system) to compile dumper.exe. without
them make process prints an appropriate message and don't build
dumper.

you'll also need reasonably recent gdb (5.0 will do, iirc) to work
with cygwin core dumps.