RE: Mount issues

Sandeep,

$ mount -p
Prefix              Type         Flags
/                   user         textmode

$ mount
d:\cygwin\bin on /usr/bin type system (binmode)
d:\cygwin\lib on /usr/lib type system (binmode)
d:\cygwin on / type system (binmode)
c: on /c type user (binmode,noumount)              <= note: bin mode

$ mount -c /cygdrive
$ mount
d:\cygwin\bin on /usr/bin type system (binmode)
d:\cygwin\lib on /usr/lib type system (binmode)
d:\cygwin on / type system (binmode)
c: on /cygdrive/c type user (textmode,noumount)    <= note: now text mode

$ mount -c /
$ mount
d:\cygwin\bin on /usr/bin type system (binmode)
d:\cygwin\lib on /usr/lib type system (binmode)
d:\cygwin on / type system (binmode)
c: on /c type user (textmode,noumount)             <= note: still text mode

What I do to fix this is to:
   1) mount -c /something_different
   2) mkdir -p /c
   3) mount -b c: /c
   4) mount -c /

I don't know what you can do if your drives keep changing dynamically.  It
seems to revert to text mounts regardless of the CYGWIN=binmode setting.

-- John