RE: "shouted down", "shot down", apologies

Thanks!  Yes that answers my questions about how to use the source tarballs.
I was in the process of downloading all the source tarballs as this thread
was going on.  Everyone and the documentation seemed to be talking about
needing to use cvs, so my original question was about how to set up a test
environment using the source tarballs available through setup.exe.

-- John Wiersba