Welcome and here's your C++ starter for 10

Just a little note to say hello to all.  This is my first post to this
mailing list.  I am a complete newbie to porting apps and I need some
advice.  I have this CPP program (attached) which simply connects to a
mysql server, issues a query and exits.  Ideally I need to port this to
Linux, is this possible?

Is it possible to port CPP code to another platform e.g. Linux (under
Pentium). Can anyone see any difficulties in porting this code. Is
cygwin the tool for this or do I need some other program.

Sorry about the read receipt; I'm just getting a feel for how many
people are on this mailing list.

I would appreciate ANY advice going, and I thank you for your time.

Thanks lots
David Ayliffe (mail@ayliffe.com)

dummy1.cpp