Re: Symlinks+cygdrive causes flashing taskbar ??

On Mon, Jun 25, 2001 at 06:48:58PM -0400, John Wiersba wrote:
>BTW, since I haven't received even a single reply (curt or otherwise)
>to the post referenced at the bottom of this email, this might qualify
>as one of those "non-answers" being discussed in the Blunt Tools
>thread...

Wow.  I see a new, annoying trend developing.

People will now start thinking that they are suffering some kind of
tremendous mistreatment if the quality of answers doesn't match some
nebulous politeness threshold.  If they don't receive any reply at all,
they'll contact the ACLU.

To answer your question: I can't duplicate this.  I only tried W2K and
Windows 98.  I don't know precisely what you mean by "taskar flashes",
however.  Do you mean the whole taskbar?  Do you mean only the part that
relates to the command shell window?  You also mention a "cygwin
terminal window".  What is that?  rxvt?  The result of clicking on a
cygwin icon?

>I have checked the FAQ, the Users Guide, google, the archives -- but I can't
>find a reference to this.
>
>In the simplest case I have found, /bin/ls -lF / causes my taskbar to flash.
>My root dir contains a number of symlinks of the form: d -> /=/d where /= is
>my cygdrive prefix.
>
>Can anyone explain this or duplicate it?  Other more-complicated cases cause
>even worse flashing.  I just reloaded cygwin from scratch yesterday -- I
>didn't have this problem with my prior version (circa 12/13/00).

cgf