Re: Potentially Viral Software

On Sun, 24 Jun 2001 17:08:31 -0400
David A Cobb <superbiskit@home.com> wrote:

> I hadn't heard of such a category until I read the recent M$ EULA.
> However we should all loudly proclaim:

> DO NOT BUY OR USE POTENTIALLY VIRAL SOFTWARE.  POTENTIALLY VIRAL
> SOFTWARE IS ANY PRODUCT THE SOURCE FOR WHICH IS _NOT_ AVAILABLE
> FOR PUBLIC INSPECTION BY THE COMMUNITY OF PRACTITIONERS OF THE
> TRADE.

The MS Dev beta license is unenforceable in the same way that "you
may not reverse engineer this" licenses are.  Unfortunately this
will mean a few would be contributors who didn't think about it are
scared off.

--
J C Lawrence                                       claw@kanga.nu
The pressure to survive and rhetoric may make strange bedfellows