RXVT: Launching the root window/login shell

My "Native" launcher uses a Windows Shortcut (PIF):
COMMAND.COM /c C:\CYGWIN\bin\login.exe, and
login.exe starts my passwd-specified shell in the DOS-like window.  For me
this takes care of who-i-am [Superbiskit, not Administrator] and similar
problems.

I tried converting this approach to using RXVT.  Whatever login.exe does, I
want it to do before launching my shell.  I can do  START
[cygpath]\rxvt.exe . . . . with no "-e" specified.  And, because I've seen
it in the examples, I imagine I can do "-e /bin/bash --login" but that will
not [I think] initialize the ENV correctly.

It seemed the logical thing, so I did "-e /bin/login Superbiskit"
And my screen went black and the machine locked up so completely that all I
could do was hit the power button.  I'll guess that it relates to how login
passes off its terminal assignment to bash but I don't even know how to
gather enough information to see what's happening.  That looks like a bug!

Any  ideas?

For example, could I put "/usr/bin/rxvt . . . -e /bin/bash" as the "shell"
parameter in PASSWD?  In other words, would login take the entire tail of
the record as the program to execute?

If this were a "real" *Nix, and I were on another X-Server, the login would
preceed launching XTerm [IIRC].  Actually, as my memory clears, I think I
had to TELNET to the other machine to negotiate the login and launch XTerm
from the telnet "console".  The best analog of that would be START /bin/sh
starter.sh, with starter.sh and having the starter.sh script do the login
[wouldn't that spawn a second bash?] before doing "exec rxvt"

Maybe, while I play around with some of these things, somebody who knows
what they're doing can send me the answer that's obvious to the most casual
observer.

David A. Cobb, Software Engineer, Public Access Advocate, All around nice guy.
Get my PGP key at
:<http://pgpkeys.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=superbiskit>
Fingerprint=0x{6E3E_DB8C_2E8C_4248_62B2_FE29_08EE_CF0A_3629_E954}
"By God's Grace I am a Christian man, by my actions a great sinner."
--The Way of a Pilgrim, R. M. French [tr.]