Re: New on sources: cron-3.0.1-1

At 12:27 18-6-2001, I wrote:
>At 12:06 10-6-2001, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>>I have uploaded version 3.0.1-1 of cron.
>
>I installed the service as described in cron.README and started it, and it
>seems to run.
>
>However, I cannot get crontab to work.  When I type "crontab -l" (or any
>other crontab command), I get a message "seteuid: not owner".

I verified that cron indeed works by manually putting a crontab file at
/var/cron/tabs/$USER .

So, it seems that crontab tries to change the effective uid, which doesn't
work for normal (or even Administrator) users.  Is this
necessary?  Wouldn't this mean that crontab works for nobody, unless you
add some (dangerous) rights to these users?
/usr/doc/Cygwin/cron.README doesn't mention anything about this.

Any ideas?  Does anyone have crontab working?

Thanks in advance,

  - Michael