simple problem with "make"

On Monday 18 Jun 01, Borges, Rodolfo writes:
> i installed cygwin one or two weeks ago (so it's a new version..)
> tried to run make, and:
>
> $ make
> /cygdrive/c/java/bin/javac.exe Chart.java
> make: /bin/sh.exe: Command not found

Read the FAQ section about using setup, particularly the entry "What
packages should I download?".  Either you did not install all
packages, or something went wrong with the installation.

> problem was solved by
> $ cd /bin
> $ ln -s bash.exe sh.exe

If you want to do this, that's up to you, but please do not suggest it
as a solution to this mailing list.

Regards,
David
(Cygwin FAQ maintainer)