linking errors

Hi guys

I have been dabbling with C coding for a few weeks now (in the Cygwin
environment). Just out of curiosity I pulled my work into Microsoft C++ and
tried to build a "windows" version of my tiney app. I came up with this

radio_station_streamer.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_shout_disconnect
radio_station_streamer.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_shout_sleep
radio_station_streamer.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_shout_send_data
radio_station_streamer.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_shout_connect
radio_station_streamer.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_shout_init_connection

(my app uses the libshout library from www.icecast.org)

Anyway, I assume there is something the linker/compiler can't seem to find.
I am happy writing code, but sometiumes when it comes to the
linking,compiling and under the hood stuff I get lost. Any ideas?

The app is very simple, it runs at the console (uses no GUI stuff, all
command line). It streams files to an MP3 server with the help of shout.h

Brandon