Re: Windows numeric ID? [SID answer]

I found 2 ways that a single user SID can be learned.
One is by looking in the registry where user settings
are stored by SID under HKEY_USERS.  You may be able
to infer which SID by checking the values of
Environment key.  There is also a freeware utility
called psgetsid.exe which is part of a set of NT
utilities.

http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/psgetsid.shtml

--- John Benninghoff <jbenninghoff@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I want to determine my NT domain numeric ID
> (S-123....)but the only way I seem to be able to
> discover it is to use makepasswd.  But I have 5 to
> 10K
> users in my domain and it is taking forever.  Is
> there
> another way?
>
> -- jb

=====
John Benninghoff

It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.  -- Charles Darwin