Re: CygWin 1.3.2 install problems

Gary Thomas wrote:
> I'm trying to install CygWin 1.3.2 (latest) and have some trouble.
> I downloaded the packages, using the CygWin setup, and saved them
> locally.  When I run the actual install, the binaries don't end up
> where I told it.

You are using the most recent setup 2.57 from www.cygwin.com correct?

Second you used Setup (the 2.57 mentioned above that you downloaded) to
download the appropriate packages by selecting Download from Internet.  During
this process you told it the local directory where you wanted the packages to
reside.  Under this directory you should find a contrib and a latest, with many
subdirectories for each package you downloaded.

Third - you then reran setup and told it to install from local directory and
gave it the appropriate root directory that you wanted (ie Cygwin) and then
again told it the local directory where your downloaded packages reside.

If you did all this just like this I am stumped unless it is because of your
stuff.  I also notice a reference in your log to E:\cygwin which would lead me
to believe it is working as you wanted it to.

Have you actually looked for an E:\cygwin and looked at what is in it.  How do
you know the binaries are not where you told them to be. It does appear you
have a working Bash shell based on the listing of the tar you provided.