Text mode problem

I have recently installed cygwin on Win 2000 and I am having problem
that is
driving me crazy.

When I view text files on my NTFS drive (not under cygwin dir) they all
appear as though UNIX like with ^M at the end of all lines.  If I
capture
stdout to a file, whether it is in cygwin dir or NTFS drive, and then
view
it with vi the same thing.

I have already tried
1) uninstall and reinstall mulitple times, with UNIX mode and DOS mode
from
setup.
2) Changing the mode of the filesystem from textmode to binmode.

Neither has had any effect.

Any Help is greatly appreciated

Andrew Goldstein
agoldstein@coreenetworks.com