FW: GDB Stop button does not work.

same here, stop (or break) in gdb has never worked for me either.
you have to set the break points before you press run,
then you can step further, etc. also cygwin compiled
exectutables does not produce a debugger readable image core dump.

the stackdump contains only just that, a stack dump at crash time,
which doesn't seem to be of much use.

Darius