Re: including a package in the distro?

At 01:21 PM 6/7/2001, Lapo Luchini wrote:
>Sorry to bother you agani (third time) with the same question, but ni my
>prevuois posts about rsync it was always ignored =)

Posting Guidelines (Or: Why won't you/the mailing list answer my questions?)
http://www.cygwin.com/faq/faq_4.html#SEC26

>What is the specific thing to be done to incluide a program (i.e. rsync)
>in the CygWin distribution?

How do I contribute a package?
http://www.cygwin.com/faq/faq_4.html#SEC76

>Moreover, it'd be cool to include an option "only upgrade packet I
>already have" in the setup.exe as it tends to auto-install every packet
>on upgrade ^_^

If you check the email archives, you'd find no shortage
of suggestions for setup.exe (or any other part of Cygwin for that
matter!)  I believe your suggestion will show up more than once in such a
hypothetical search.  Are you interested in working to make this a
reality?