Re: point to FAQs [WAS: Re: getopts....]

"Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)" wrote:

> No, I don't think so.  I really haven't seen this asked frequently and
> I also feel uncomfortable with the idea that the Cygwin FAQ provide
> answers that more appropriately belong in other packages' FAQs.  It would
> be nice if the Cygwin FAQ could provide "one-stop shopping" for every
> issue but then I think it would become so difficult to navigate and use
> that it would defeat its purpose.  People wanting to know what the
> possibilities are for building ash with this option or gcc with that
> should really look to the sites and lists that support those packages.
> In particular, this query and response may be a good addition to the ash
> site/FAQ.  I do think it would be worthwhile and appropriate for the
> Cygwin FAQ to point to FAQs of packages it contains though.

This sounds nice but outdates quickly.  A better approach would be to
add pointers to package FAQs in the documentation for that package.
Then it wouldn't be up to David to keep abreast of when a pointer
changes.  It would be spread amongst the many (HA!:) ported package
maintainers.

--
Earnie.