inetd under Win95 OSR2.5

I am tyring to use telnetd via inetd under Win95.

Has anyone had this working under Win95?

I have set this up under Win2k and it works fine.

I run inetd as
# /usr/sbin/inetd -d

All the services seem to be registered correctly.

When I connect to an internal service, eg daytime, I get the
expected response, and the following output from inetd:

someone wants daytime
accept, ctrl is 3

When I connect to telnet, it makes a coonection but I get no
login prompt. The output from inetd is:

someone wants telnet
accept, ctrl 3
+ Closing from 21
139545 execl /usr/sbin/in.telnetd
139545 reaped, status 0x100

The exec and reaped line are printed straight after each other.

If I try /usr/sbin/in.telnetd -debug , without the inetd. I get:
/usr/sbin/in.telnetd.exe: getpeername: The descriptor is a file, not a
socket

Is this a problem with Win95 Winsock?

I am using cygwin dll v1.3.2-1 and inetutils 1.3.2-14

Thanks,
Tim