Re: Setting up Latex

Bonjour:

The Cygwin TeX Directory Structure (TDS) (/usr/share/texmf ) is assumed to
be suitable for `teTeX':
only binaries (tex, pdfrex,...) and files in /usr/share/texmf/web2c
(POOL,scripts,CNF,...)
are specific to the cygwin distribution.

If your personal texmf in your Linux machine is suitable for `teTeX'
AND personal (I mean with personal stuff installed) you can copy
your Linux texmf without the web2c which is Cygwin specific.

Nevertheless if your Linux texmf is the basic texmf distributed by `teTeX',
I strongly advice you to install the standard teTeX packages
(see cygwin documentation in /usr/doc and the archive).
Note that you have to
[1] install the `teTeX' texmf first  in /usr/share/texmf ,
[2] to remove the directory /usr/share/texmf/web2c if exist,
[3] to (re)install the cygwin tetex package
[4] unfrozen the *.cnf files in /usr/share/texmf/web2c
[5] launch texconfig

For more information, please read
  /usr/doc/tetex-beta-20001218
and peruse the cygwin archive.

As noted recently,
you have to configure dvips to avoid dvips sendding output to lpr
which is not (yet) available for cygwin
(to mimic lpr , see the archive).

It shoud work !

Good LaTeXing !