Re: Bash wont recognize any commands

Well, see. Nothing works. I cant even use cygcheck.. Heheh. Um, I can however,
use any of the commands that are default in the cygwin/bin directory (eg. find,
byacc, locate, time. And obviously exit and logout). Even if I move something
into that directory it wont recognize it. Thats what I found strange. I cant run
anything besides those few commands that the executable resides in the /bin
directory by default. Everything else is in /usr/bin. Im using the latest
version of everything. Downloaded I have ash, cygwin, gcc, make, fileutils,
binutils, and a few others. I downloaded just what I needed for compilation of
C/C++ source code since Im on a modem :)

For example, when I start up bash, it says:
BASH: id: command not found.
BASH: mkdir: command not found.

And those commands are in usr/bin as they should be. Ive tried changing my
DOS/Windows (whatever you want to call it) PATH in many different combinations
and nothing works correctly. I can get the commands to work under a DOS prompt,
but they dont work correctly (for some reason they cant call each other
recursively, nor does it look in the right place for the commands). However
changing this path seemed to have no effect on Bash, so I assume it is
non-relevant. Everything is default as it is when installed.