Re: Setup.exe v2.56

> > A install from local download (When a user downloads all Cygwin setup
binary
> > tarballs to one directory and launches setup from there, no setup.ini
> > exists) still fails to registered installation of parts (They show up as
new
> > 2nd time setup in run) and setup lists all parts as just öX  now
instead of
> > their correct filenames.
>
> Even during an install from local directory you need the setup.ini and you
need
> to preserve the download directory structure. If you do not they will all
show
> as new the next time around.  If you move the download to another
directory you
> should move setup.ini also and preserve the structure.
>
> bk

The previous version of Cygwin setup didn't have this limitation, is there
any chance or adding back support for it ?
The main reason I ask is using the above method allows setup to easy manage
installation and uninstallation of any Cygwin binary tarballs, including
external unofficial ones. If the new version still had support for this
method managing bzipped Cygwin binaries would be just as easy, installing
Xfree86 for example would be as simple as downloading Xfree86 binaries and
coping them to setup directory.