Re: The heating on notebook

At 07:43 AM 5/26/2001, Rastislav Galia wrote:
>The subject of the message might seem strange in this context. But ... I
>have bought notebook Toshiba Satellite ...(some numbers) with 600MHz
>Celeron inside. The OS installed is Win ME. There are no problems with the
>machine except when I try to run a Cygwin on it.
>Cygwin runs but machine starts to get really hot (I swear this is truth,
>although it seems funny). The built-in cooler starts working every now and
>then automatically (in case I don't run the cygwin it doesn't need to be
>run at all, maybe with exception of Ms Flight Sim 2000).
>
>Has anybody an explanation ? Is it a hardware problem or is it a side
>effect of Cygwin ?

<humor>
One day, Cygwin will be used for embedded applications.  That means it will
be the basis of many electronic household devices, including microwave and
conventional ovens.  In preparation for this, the Cygwin team has created a
small internal routine to cause machines to heat up.  Its a "proof of
concept" that will pave the way to Cygwin's bright embedded future.
Theoretically, its now possible to fry an egg or pop your favorite popcorn
on you laptop while running Cygwin.  Its a great feature and its bound to
cause quite a buzz!
</humor>

If it is a problem, it would be a hardware one...