Re: ANN: JDE 2.2.7.1 available at ...

I disagree.  This is akin to saying that JDE announcements are OK to post on
Linux, OpenBSD, and FreeBSD mailing lists.  The JDE is meant for those
programming Java and using various flavors of emacs.  I can therefore see
announcements being posted on jde and emacs lists (preferably not the latter)
but nowhere else.

Noel

Paul,

I don't do any Java, nor do I have any plans to do so soon, but I do
like to hear about products that interoperate with cygwin.

I personally am happy to see occasional JDE announcements on the cygwin
list, as I am to see other announcements that are 'tangential' to cygwin
itself.  I can however sympathize with some minor annoyance in seeing
announcements on multiple lists, or seeing frequent announcements for
packages in which I am not interested.

I did and do not think that of JDE in particular, but I'm not on
[x]emacs.

Perhaps the suggestion that cross-posting to [x]emacs and cygwin be less
often would be the best compromise, not only for JDE but for other
packages with similar relationships to the tools?

For example, if I'm not already using JDE I'm unlikely to use any of the
betas or require any bugfix releases, but a reminder of JDE's presence
when 2.2.8 is released would be welcome.

Eric Monsler

do not necessarily reflect those of J.P. Morgan Chase & Co., its
subsidiaries and affiliates.