Re: I like the search keys, thanks, RE: How do you print under cygwin on w2k?

At 08:38 AM 5/24/2001, David Starks-Browning wrote:
>On Wednesday 23 May 01, Mark Keil writes:
> > Thanks for the search keys, thay are a help.
> >
> > I'd like to recommend that you seed a bunch of them into the FAQ
> >
> > thanks again, Mark Keil
>
>Tell me what you want in there.
>
>Personally, I don't print under Cygwin, so I can't anticipate your
>questions and answers.

I'm not sure that it makes sense to generally just add a bunch of Q and A'a
to the FAQ with search URLs.  Search URLs, IMO, are mechanism to teach folks
the way to search the archives and net for answers to questions they have,
common or not.  To me, this is a complimentary resource to the FAQ, not
fodder for it.  In that light, it might be worthwhile to add an entry in the
FAQ of the form:

   Q. This FAQ doesn't answer my question.  Where can I find the answer?

   A. The best option is to search the mailing list and/or the net for your
      issue.  Search the Cygwin mail archives at http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/
      or use your favorite search engine (i.e. www.google.com) to search the
      net.

In terms of the issue about printing and the absence of lp/lpr, I suggest
adding a specific entry here that provides some of the alternatives that
have been mentioned in the email archives (i.e. bash aliases, script files,
DOSisms, batch files).  Just my $.02.