donuts

Would anyone care to help a newbie with the donuts
example?  I've tried to follow the directions for
installation very closely, and I've just downloaded
the most recent version of the microsoft sdk, but when
I try to "make" the example, I get 50 billion or so
error messages, most of them syntax errors, so I
assume there's something simple I'm overlooking. Any
help would be greatly appreciated.