Re: Rename() broken again?

"Michael A. Chase" wrote:

> It also works as you are expecting in my system.
>    WinNT Ver 4.0 build 1381 Service Pack 4
>    Cygwin 1.3.1-1 (build date: Tue Apr 24 20:01:02 EDT 2001)
>    NTFS

Thanks for confirming this. It looks like there is a platform issue here.

> The problem is probably in the way Win9x FAT directories are tightly bound
> to the file data.  The easiest way to confirm this would be to try the same
> test with Win9x and Cygwin 1.1.7.  If it works as expected with that
> configuration, then there may be a bug to squash.

I also have reports that the same problem exists under Win98 with 1.1.8.
Unfortunately, I don't have access to any Win9x systems so I have not been
able to test this.

I guess what I need to know is whether this can be fixed within cygwin, or
whether I need to implement a specific work-around for cygwin in our code.

Cheers,
  Stewart