New openSSH - error message

I just upgraded to the latest openSSH, and installed sshd as a service using
cygrunsrv - that part went flawlessly; thanks for the new utility.

I tested it by running "ssh localhost". I logged on OK, but I notice that I
have the following two errors in my event log:

1) The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( sshd ) cannot be found.
The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or
message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following
information is part of the event: sshd : Win32 Process Id = 0x434 : Cygwin
Process Id = 0x434 : DSA authentication refused for stanton: bad ownership
or modes for '/c/.ssh/authorized_keys2'..

2) The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( sshd ) cannot be found.
The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or
message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following
information is part of the event: sshd : Win32 Process Id = 0x434 : Cygwin
Process Id = 0x434 : RSA authentication refused for stanton: bad ownership
or modes for '/c/.ssh/authorized_keys2'..

Does this matter? By the way, I generated the file /c/.ssh/authorized_keys2
using the most recent version of ssh_host_config prior to the current
version, and didn't get these messages with the last sshd.exe.

Deleting the file completely doesn't seem to cause any problems (and gets
rid of these error messages).

Richard Stanton