Re: License requirement for using Cygwin for shell s cripts only

On Tue, May 15, 2001 at 08:39:18AM -0400, Robinow, David wrote:
> Please read http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/licensing.html
>I think this is pretty clear.  However, if you find this too hard to
>understand I suggest you consult an attorney rather than depending on this
>mailing list.

What he said.

Basically, if you provide the sources for EVERYTHING, including the
Cygwin DLL, on the same CD as your distribution you should be safe.

Also, if you have compiled your code using the cygwin compiler without
the -mno-cygwin option, then you'll need to provide the source code
for your programs on the CD as well.  Either that or purchase a
commercial license.

Hmm.  Isn't about time for a "What???  Commercial license!!!  What
is this all about???" good old-fashioned cygwin-mailing list flame war?
It's been a while.

cgf