Re: Keyboard handling, and CygWin 1.3.1

On Thursday, May 10, 2001 12:17 PM, I wrote:

> I have a UK keyboard with keyb uk loaded in autoexec.bat.  Since version
> 1.3.1-1 of CygWin the pipe key (|) doesn't work inside Bash.  Going back
> version 1.1.8-2 of Cygwin.dll works again.

This seems to be a Windows 98/Me problem... on Windows 2000, the pipe key
works fine.

Can someone familiar with the CygWin spurce code, point me towards where the
keyboard handling is done, so I can see what changed between versions.  I
checked code out from CVS but can not find where keyboard stuff is done.
What I don't understand is how programs like Vim (which presumably use
Cygwin.dll) handle the pipe key properly, but Bash doesn't.... but it was by
downgrading Cygwin.dll that made it work again, which points towards Cygwin
being the culprit rather than Bash.

- Steven,