AW: Status of cygwin KDE project - beta version of dll based qt 2.3.0 library is running

Hi Alan,

in the last mail I have written, that you only need -shared to generate such
a lib.

For big libs with C++ code such kde I have used a special startup routine
DLLMain which does some cygwin specific initialisations in libs.
Without that, an segment violation occurred on exiting such applications.
Perhaps there is another way I dont know about.

At second I've used .... -Wl,--whole archive $(OBJS) -Wl,--no-whole-archive
$(DEPENDED_LIBS) .... command parameters to import all symbols in my object
files, otherwise the linker eliminates not used functions.

Regards

Ralf Habacker
EMail: Ralf@habacker.de
       Ralf.Habacker@saght.tessag.com