Re: OT:Re: CMD.exe for Win9x and other goodies

Thanks for following up.  It's difficult to extract the necessary source
for building cmd without the other stuff.  I did 'cvs co rosapps' (which
gives me cmd, plus LOTS of extra stuff I don't want). I  edited
rules.mak as directed (but had to also make other changes to
cmd/makefile, cmd/cmd.rc, and cmd/dir.c.  Patch attached)  I then did
'make cmd'. BUT, I had to download additional files:

I needed the following files from the reactos module:
 reactos/include/defines.h
 reactos/include/ntos/registry.h
 reactos/include/reactos/config.h
 reactos/include/reactos/resource.h
 reactos/include/reactos/version.h
as well.

Also, the following file was needed, but is not in CVS at all (I suppose
it is created while building reactos; I just created an empty file with
the appropriate name)
 reactos/include/reactos/buildno.h

So, it's POSSIBLE to build cmd.exe without the rest, but it ain't easy.

--Chuck

Robert Collins wrote:

> Hi Chuck,
> I just realised I never answered this.