Perl + Python Postgresql 7.1.1 under Cygwin

Dear everybody,

I successfully recompiled PostgresSQL unser Cygwin 1.3.1 / NT4+SP4.
Great work, everybody, really amazing.

For the Python interface to compile, I had to add the -DMS_WIN32 in the
Makefile.pre.in . If not a 'not constant type' happens in pgmodule.c line
951.  I don't know if there is a better place tu put the def. After this it
compiles and seems to work well. I used Python 2.1.

If the --with-perl is specified for ./configure, then the src/pl/plperl
didn't compile as it cannot find libperl.a which seems not to be part of
Cygwin 1.3.1, also perl5 is installed. So make (dlltool) stops with errors.
Do I need to install the perl sources?

I tried to build also the plpython so I could write my trigger functions in
Python. But the Makefile is not very adapted. I don't know how to call
dlltool, etc. I'll try to copy the tcl one and adapt it. I hope it'll help.

Again, great work and thanks for everybody to make available one of the best
open-source products in the world.

Best regards,
Erny
Spain