Re: 'make aux' hangs ?

egor duda wrote:

> OF> Is it just me, or runnning 'make aux' simply hangs ?
>
> OF> $ make aux
>
> reading FAQ is truly enlightening experience. a friend of mine even
> reads it every night before going to bed. he says that this saves him
> from nightmares with a lots of auxes he was trying to make before,
> hanging and swinging around him... and i swear, he sleeps with a smile
> of a saint...
>
> this verse (http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/faq/faq.html#SEC50) would
> probably be most helpful.

Thanxs a lot for the quick reply.

As a matter of fact, I actually passed over the FAQ, and 'saw' #SEC50...
well, I saw 'DOS...', 'aux.sh', and decided that this was none of my
business on W2K.

Still, how come it worked perfectly on my previous installations ???

Finally, note that this is in make, and that aux is a phony, not a
file...

A+O.