Serial Programming

Hi Cygwiners !,
I need a way to set(get) modem lines on serial interfaces (/dev/ttys0
and other).
In description posted to the list in april by Brian.P.Kasper@aero.org
concerning serial programming, there is no any solution.
Typical Posix solution for example ioctl(fd,TCGETS,...) or
ioctl(fd,TCSETS,..) does not
work because of absence such constants in termios.h under Cygwin( I do
not know if ioctl works under Cygwin at all). I would not like to
utilize any Windows api function because I would like to port my module
directly from Cygwin to Linux.
Does anybody know any way out ?
Thanks in advance
Jacek