RE: problems with mulitple cygwin installation

Huh? Windows Registry! -- sheesh.
             ^^^^^^^^
There has already been a discussion on this list about regressing the cygwin
version (if you really really must do it).

Ultimately there is this. If you are concerned that your ported program
works with an older cygwin than a newer one, then THAT IS A PROBLEM. To
which end either cygwin and/or your program need to be fixed, depending on
who broke what.

If something breaks then it should break in a snapshot, so perhaps you
should look there. But I doubt your problem is with cygwin.

There is often a lot of work put into backward compatibilty, so maybe you
should consider using that.Freeze your versions of source, freeze your
release binaries, and test them on a current cygwin instead. I'd say that is
a far more practical solution to what you are suggesting.

Neil

Please Note :
Only  the intended recipient is authorised to access or use this e-mail.  If
you are not the intended recipient,
please delete this e-mail and notify the sender immediately.   The contents
of this e-mail are the writer's
opinion and are not necessarily endorsed by the Gunz Companies unless
expressly stated.

We use virus scanning software but exclude all liability for viruses or
similar in any attachment.