From: Earnie Boyd [mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2001 5:50 AM
To: Karr, David
Cc: 'cygwin@cygwin.com'
Subject: Re: Status on issue with PATH ignoring scripts with same name
as exesin 1.3.1?

"Karr, David" wrote:

> I haven't reexamined this issue in several days.  I have "wrapper" scripts
> with the same name as exes later in the path.  This worked fine in 1.1.8,
> but now that I'm trying to use 1.3.1, it doesn't work anymore.  When the
> shell does a PATH search, it ignores the script and just uses the exe.
I'm
> just looking for some information on this.  I can downgrade my cygwin1.dll
> to 1.1.8 for now.

Why would anyone depend on this working?  It is simply an implementation
specific issue.  I suggest instead of downgrading that you rename your
scripts.  The simple reason is that Cygwin stat's foo for foo.exe and if
foo.exe is what is being executed by the shell then IMNSHO it's correct
the way it is now and broken before.

Earnie.