Status on issue with PATH ignoring scripts with same name as exes in 1.3.1?

I haven't reexamined this issue in several days.  I have "wrapper" scripts
with the same name as exes later in the path.  This worked fine in 1.1.8,
but now that I'm trying to use 1.3.1, it doesn't work anymore.  When the
shell does a PATH search, it ignores the script and just uses the exe.  I'm
just looking for some information on this.  I can downgrade my cygwin1.dll
to 1.1.8 for now.