sftp-server: stack dump after directory listing

On my NT machine, running the latest sshd.exe, I'm having a problem with
sftp.

If I connect from another NT machine using cygwin sftp, I can log on fine. I
can also "get" specific files OK. However, when I ask for a directory
listing using the command "ls", the listing appears fine, but no command
prompt ever reappears, and the client never again responds to any
keystrokes.

When I kill the client process, the host machine generates a file
sftp-server.exe.stackdump, which I've attached in case it's useful.

I also tried using the sftp client on a Unix machine, with similar results.
This could also connect, and again I was able to retrive a file using "get",
but now the "ls" command returned nothing at all for about 20 seconds. Then
a directory listing appeared, then nothing for quite some time, and finally
the message:

quit
Error: Operation timed out after 30 seconds.

I've tried running sshd in a console window with lots of -d flags, but it
doesn't give me any obviously useful information.

For whatever reason, the same operations work fine on my Windows 2000
machine.

Is there anything I can do (short of debugging sshd.exe/sftp-server.exe
application, which is a little beyond my current abilities) to try to find
out more about what's going on?

Richard Stanton

sftp-server.exe.stackdump